Cords & Combustion
Re-Reading Walden's 'House Warming'
This infographic sets Thoreau’s musings – on being a forest warden, heating his hunting hut – in context of British and American debates over forest commons, afforestation, lumbering rights/cycles, and shifting wood/fuel resources seen with the rise of rail transport and timbering.
This board is part of the larger series unpacking the early industrial economies addressed in Thoreau’s Walden (see Re-Surveying Walden).
- Digitization of Mass. Ind. Census, 1840-60s
- " British/American Forestry Guides
- " Fuel Statistics
- Infographic Board
- Conference Slides (not shown)
- Landscape Architecture Magazine (Nov 2017, online)
- SAH, Environmental Histories (2014)
- CELA, Cartographic Research (2015)