As a collaboration with students and educators at the Gann Academy, I developed two large timelines for Division, Unity, Hardship, and Progress: A Disability History of the United States at The Charles River Museum in Waltham. What you see below are the final timeline versions, along with exhibit views and design iterations. The timelines themselves explore a) the evolving terminology for disability and b) the evolving institutional and policy approaches to disabilities and ableism.
- Large-scale timelines for print:
- + Evolution of Disability Language
- + A Timeline of Objects
- Gann Academy (Waltham, MA)
- History Students for exhibit:
- A Disability History of the United States
- Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation